- Precision machined from cast iron, bronze alloy steel or stainless steel
- Designed to be easily reconditioned to maximize service life
- Available in cooled or non-cooled for use in both oil-free and lubricated applications to satisfy the full spectrum of temperatures, pressures and corrosive conditions
- Designed to meet all environmental concerns and regulations including available vent and purge designed assemblies for fugitive emissions reductions
- Cylinder-end gasket to prevent process gas from bypassing the packing rings
- Precision-machined mating and sealing surfaces to prevent leakage
- Provides passages for lubrication, vent, coolant and buffer gas as required
- Flange with adequate bolting to maintain gasket seating and seal between cups at operating pressure
- Recess in each cup to contain free-floating seal rings
Our non-cooled case design covers a broad range of operating conditions and is available for lubricated and non-lubricated applications.
Annular coolant passage design maximizes the amount of heat transferred from the packing rings. The cooling capability is optimized with either parallel or series flow pattern arrangements, depending on the specific application.
PACKING CASE PURGE CONVERSION
A purge gas system prevents the process gas from escaping through the packing case by introducing an inert buffer gas into the case. This provides compliance with emissions regulations and allows monitoring of the packing ring condition and life.
CPI can convert an existing packing case to a purge design. The standard purge design employs a two groove T-cup, but if the length of the assembly is limited a single groove cup arrangement is used.